Bringing data science and AI/ML tools to infectious disease research
Event Fund workshop organised by the H3D Foundation and Ersilia Open Source Initiative
Welcome to the hands-on workshop on Artificial Intelligence methods for Drug Discovery!
This GitBook contains all the necessary information to follow the course, as well as links to the relevant materials.
Each day is organised in four main activities:
- Keynote Lecture: a presentation by H3D and Ersilia staff introducing key concepts that we will put into practice during the day. It will include a 15 min Q/A section
- Skills Workshop: a hands-on training where the course facilitators will walk the participants through a specific ML exercise
- Breakout: participants will be divided in small groups to complete an exercise related to the skills workshop
- Group Discussion: each group will give a short (10 min) presentation on their breakout activity.
Course schedule overview
Contains content we have not covered during the course but can help to those participants that are looking for further information.
During the course, facilitators will collect the terminology specific of the field and add it to the Glossary in the Document section of this GitBook, with the goal to facilitate understanding and create a lasting resource for the participants.
To attend the course, participants will need:
- Their own laptop
- Access to Internet
- A Google account to access Drive and Colab
Participants are required to abide by the code of conduct for the duration of the event, both during the workshop and in social activities before, during or after the event. Breaches of the Code of conduct will be taken seriously.